Friday 22 January 2010

Blue Monday to TGIFriday :-)

So much for regular blogging. The year has carried on at the same frantic pace. Lost count of the times the heating has broken down in the past 5 days, at one point sounded like the boiler would explode! Called on the knowledge and expertise of my neighbour Andrew who runs a brilliant local building firm and also local Keith who replaced the necessary parts and responded to calls at top speed (reasons to be grateful). As the snow has passed, I can live without much heating, but not good to have a cold yoga studio :-(

'Blue Monday' as the day is known every year was OK for me, normally falls right near, or on my birthday. First year in a while the Daily Mail hasn't run a 4 page spread on it, just the TV announcing the blues. Its all a state of mind really and I was in good spirits.

Mercury stopped its retrograde motion (always causes communication issues, stuff breaking down) so didn't know why my 'stuff' continued to break down??

Worse day was Tuesday - put the heating, on prepared for baby massage class, had breakfast then discovered the room was stone cold with 7 babies due to arrive imminently, panic...Andrew to the rescue and kind neighbour Vanessa lent me another heater, just in the nick of time. The temperature rose, I didn't have to abandon the original lesson plan, took a few yogic deep breaths, and away we went, massaging, singing and doing baby yoga together. Mums with their babies, me with my dolly.

Next problem arose as I left to get in my car and drive to a last minute interview - it wouldn't start! Frantic call to the job agency, company and taxi firm, then off to Chertsey. Waste of time and money, third sentence uttered by interviewer 'am looking for someone with relevant experience, we have no time to train you' (Was a post in Social Services as a part-time occupational therapist)

Frustration of the week (and actually whole New Year arose) felt like crying in the interview.....what next? Taught 3 more classes and collapsed in a heap, what a day. Pondered my life and instability and purpose, why am I living like this? What do I have to show for this hard work and struggle? Then a student texted me with thanks for the class and learning, another to say she had had a baby boy and what an amazing experience - all the yoga breathing, exercises and postures were very helpful in labour - Aha moment so thats why :-)

By the end of the week the car had a new battery, set of plugs, and mid 'n' back exhaust. Gratitude again this time to one of my brothers and a local garage with speedy work. Bought some wheel trims to tidy it up, remembering Louise Hays book 'You Can Heal Your Life' - your car is a mirror of yourself - time to give it and myself some tlc :-)

Reflecting on the weeks challenges, I realised my mums-to-be coming to class are also under constant pressure.Our everyday lifestyle can be relentless, recession worries, house moves/extensions, families to tend to, ageing parents, and they are carrying new life inside, their bodies undergoing massive changes day by day, its very humbling. Puts my life back in perspective.

TGIF - To be kind to myself I slept in, bliss. My earth Angel friend Sarah popped round with roses and a birthday card from my old work mates - early birthday surprise. Put a smile on my face :-)
Another baby is born...

A new day, a new dawn tomorrow

Om shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment